1 jar (11 ounces) mild or medium salsa (1 1/2 cups)
4 tablespoons mild enchilada sauce
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 tablespoons Joe's Stuff or your favorite seasoning - taco seasoning would be great!
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), chopped
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, for serving
- Write on 2 gallon sized freezer bags: †ex-Mex Chicken with Beans, the date, and the following instructions: Cook on low heat for 8 hours. (Do not open lid or stir.) Remove chicken from stew; shred into large pieces and return to stew. Serve topped with sour cream.
- Chop onion, cilantro and bell peppers - divide between bags
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and your choice of seasoning - divide between bags
- Stir together beans, salsa, chilies, flour and 1 cup water - divide between bags
- Press the air out of the bags and seal them shut. Lay them flat in your freezer