This soup is delicious! It's easily become one of our favorites. I modified the recipe to work for a slow cooker freezer meal. It make 2 meals. I split the recipe in half to fill two gallon-sized freezer bags.
1 pound dried split peas
10 cups water
1 package (14oz.) cooked turkey kielbasa, sliced
6 cubes chicken bouillon
1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
1 cup chopped celery
1 package frozen potatoes. I use the Steam N' Mash cut russet potatoes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 bay leaves
1 onion, chopped
1) Write on 2 gallon freezer bags: Split Pea Sausage Soup, the date, and the following instructions: Add 5 cups water. Cook on high 4-5 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving. -->
|2) Chop onion, carrot, and celery - divide between the two bags.|
3) Cut the kielbasa on a diagonal - divide between the two bags.
4) Divide the frozen potatoes between the two bags.
5) Divide the seasonings (bouillon, garlic powder, oregano and bay leaves) between the two bags.
6) Press the air out of the bags and seal them shut. Lay them flat in your freezer.