Thursday, January 24, 2013

Savory Pepper Steak

I found this recipe on Pinterest, which lead me to the Six Cents blog. I went ahead and cooked the steak before freezing it, but the original recipe did not require that. My round steak was frozen so I had to unfreeze it in order to cut it into strips. My Mom said that once a meat is thawed it should not be refrozen without being cooked. Why? I don't know. I didn't question my mom on this. She's a great cook and a smart lady. Her word is good enough for me.

By the time I remembered to take a picture of our dinner plates, it had already been gobbled up, so I ran out to my freezer to take a pic of the second bag. Not real pretty, but trust me, this meal is real tasty. We all loved it! My toddler son ate all of his and several bites from my husband and I's plates. He made yum sounds and clapped his hands. My husband loved it too. This is a real winner and I'll certainly be making it again.



Ingredients
3 pounds of round steak cut into ½ inch thick strips.
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons Joe's Stuff  or your favorite seasoning
1 large onion chopped
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2  16oz cans of Italian diced tomatoes
2 tbsp beef bouillon
4 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons ofsteak seasoning
2 tablespoons of steak sauce
Cooked rice, for serving

Directions
  1. Write on 2 gallon freezer bags: Savory Pepper Steak, the date and the following instructions: Cook on low 4 hours if beef is already cooked or on low for 8 hours if it is uncooked. Serve over rice.
  2. Toss steak strips in mixture of flour, Joe's Stuff/your seasoning, and salt and pepper.  (At this point I cooked the steak strips in a skillet with olive oil. Then set it aside to cool before putting it in the bags)
  3. Mix together beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and steak sauce and divide evenly into two bags.  
  4.  Add remaining ingredients between the two bags.
  5. Press the air put of the bags and seal them shut. Lay flat in the freezer.



No comments:

Post a Comment