Thursday, January 10, 2013

Freezing Cookies


I love Pinterest! I came across a pin about freezing cookies which lead me to a blog explaining three ways to freeze cookies. Genius! So, on this chilly, rainy day Levi (my 1 year old son) and I decided to whip up a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies and give it a shot. I'm not going to post the recipe because it's my best friend's family recipe, so it's not really mine to share. I'm sure just about any cookie recipe will do.

I followed the recipe to prepare the dough then dropped spoonfuls of dough on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Next, I placed them, uncooked in the freezer.

 I left them in the freezer for about an hour and then transferred the dough balls into a freezer bag. Now I can bake a batch of cookies any time I want without making a mess of my kitchen. I also went ahead and baked a batch so we could sample them. You know, just to make sure they're OK. And they were. Yum! After Levi ate one, he ran up and hugged me, so I'd say he liked them too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment