I am happy to report that the recipe turned out great. Our son even ate two helpings of it! This recipe makes 8 servings total, 4 servings per bag.
sour cream, for serving
- Write on 2 gallon sized freezer bags: Chilaquiles, the date, and the following instructions: Cook on low for 4 - 5 hours or until chicken is done. Then remove and shred the chicken, return to slow cooker. To serve: ladle over tortilla chips, top with cheese and sour cream.
- Chop onion, garlic, cilantro and bell peppers - divide between the two bags
- Season chicken with salt and pepper or whatever you like - divide between the two bags
- Open cans of broth, tomatoes and green chilies - divide between the two bags
- Divide the cumin between the two bags
- Press the air out of the bags and seal them shut. Lay them flat in the freezer.